Sunday, November 13, 2011

sCRAP'N WITH fLAIR DT~ November Kit Card with step by step instructions

Hello all! Sorry for the length between my posts lately, but I've been doing more making and trading then typing!
Scrap'n with Flair's monthly kit has been released early this month in order to give you plenty of time to purchase and receive it before Dec.1st. As it's a great card making kit, and we all know the upcoming  Christmas season is the perfect excuse to make and give cards!!

This is a great kit:

It contains:
4 – 12 x 12 sheets of Christmas Paper (papers vary per kit)
2 – 6 x 12 sheets of MME Christmas Glitter Paper
1 Pkg Prima Say It In Crystals Bling (may vary per kit)
48″ of coordinating ribbon
1 CC Design Stamp (vary per kit)
1 small small container of Polar White Flowersoft and Flowersoft Glue
Tags, chipboard covers, card bases, envelopes, glassine paper, flowersoft card topper, flowers, leaves buttons and brads…..
So much good stuff!!

So, here's my first card project made using this kit, and I'm including a few step-by-step photos for you so you can make it the same or use mine as inspiration to make you own.
First I found a plain red card stock card in my personal stash (if you want you can just use a plain white one that's included in the kit.) My card measured: 6 3/4" across x 4 1/2" tall when closed, the kit cards measure: 5 1/4" across x 4" tall.

I then took one of the designer 6x 12 papers and cut it down to size to fit the dimensions of the top of my card, using my small paper cutter. 

This piece measured: 6" wide x 4.5" height. (you would need a 5" wide x 3 3/4" tall for the kit card)
I then glued this to the top of my card, mostly on the right hand side,
leaving a 1/8 th" margin of the card stock showing around the edge.


 I wanted to use the "Sparkle" one.

Next I took 2 of the ribbons from the kit, to make my trim. 


I cut the red velvety one to a 5" tall size. ( 4 1/2" needed for the kit card)
Then I folded the organza ribbon,
 To make 3 pleats.

 Then I folded over the edge and cut along it.

Next I took the velvet ribbon and tied the organza to it approx. in the middle.

 Next I secured the ribbon to the left side of my card, wrapping the excess around the edge to the back,
and trimming the bottom to fit.

 Next I took my sentiment cut from the 12" page,

And using my STICKLES in Frosted Ice, (I got in my October kit) I went around the edges to add a little "Sparkle".

 Then I added some liquid pearls, in white opal to a few white areas on the ornament.
And lastly adding a Say It In Crystals Bling, to the center of the ornament.
 I then glued the sentiment just under the edge of my ribbon.

And here's the finished card!!!
Hope you like it, and enjoyed my tutorial on how to make it!
Happy card making!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi there! hope u got my email- I sent off your atc for the Bliss swap! Hope u will let me know when u recieve it! Jane W. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I never like using thick ribbon on cards, but now I will give it a try! Thanks for the great tut!!

    leecytx from swap-bot

    ReplyDelete
  3. @leecytx ~ I'm not usually a big fan on the wide ribbons either, but do like the vintage feel of it. So I just tried to use it in a slightly different way then I normally would! Glad you found my tutorial inspiring! ~E

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty and classy. Nice job

    ~ Glory ~

    (Sauterelle from Swap-bot Check Out my Blog #6)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Work! The Card Turned Out Gorgeous! Hugs,Tee

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog