Thursday, November 17, 2011

November kit~ The kit that keeps on giving!!

So, as I said I would have more for you to see! I've been a making (and swapping) fool!
First I'll start out by saying I took this wonderful idea from a swap I had signed up for via swap-bot for a tea exchange. The rules were simple: pick 2 tea bags, and ship them to your partner. I know how much easier can that be! Of course if you make it a nice gift you get a better rating, and who doesn't want that right!
I did a few of these swaps, then I wondered if I could make a holder/ card for them with some of the papers from my Scrap'n with Flair kit. So, I did a Google search for a tea card and then came up with my own sort of idea.

Here's the front, tied closed. The paper was from my kit, and the ribbon was found in my personal stash.
  Another angle...

 The inside has 2 pockets, are both different patterned papers found in the Scrap'n with Flair monthly kit.
I filled each pocket with a different flavor of tea. Yum!

For the back. I printed out a cute little saying to do with tea.
I really hope my swap partner enjoys their tea!

My next project was an idea I've been brewing for quite a while, and since the Scrap'n with Flair's monthly kit this month is a card kit, I figured that this would be the perfect time to do it!

I went shopping at my local thrift store and found this kinda ugly, but fully functional vintage card holder.


I bought this jar of chalkboard paint a few months ago thinking I needed for something,
and then decided that it would be perfect to paint this project with!

I sanded the card holder gently with a fine sanding block just to remove the shiny finish.

Here's how it looked painted (not sure why the photo looks like it's blue?! It's really forest green.)
 Now as you can see the weird decorative design showed threw slightly because it'd indented into the wood.
But really it's OK, because I decided I was going to decorate each pocket anyways!
Here's what I came up with:

This top one I decorated using 2 different ribbons found in the kit, as well as a paper piece from one of the kit tag pages. The 2 Christmas balls, and the "baby it's cold outside" saying I found in my personal stash!

On the second pocket I tried something kind weird and new (to me anyways):
I went and found my son's sidewalk chalk, took out the cute stamp I got with my kit, and colored over top of it. Then I "stamped" it onto the chalkboard finish of my second pocket!!
Next I took the chalk and drew in the hill and tree free hand. And voila!!

You can't tell me that is not cute!

I then finished off this pocket with a few confetti snowflakes, and a saying I found in my personal stash!!

And last but not least, the bottom pocket. I used a paper piece from one of the kit tag pages, as well as the lovely flowers! Lastly I added a little bling with some red pearls found in my personal stash!

 I then finished off the very bottom with some more of the gorgeous silver ribbon from the kit!

And here's the whole finished project!

 The card holder was bought for $3.99 used
Chalk board paint was on sale at Walmart for $4.99
The items used were either from my Scrap'n with Flair kit ($25.00) or on hand
All together it maybe cost me $12.00 at the very most!

This lovely piece is now hanging on my wall in my crafting area, and I love it!!
I can hardly wait to fill it full of cards!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog