Monday, October 10, 2011

LET'S ALL GIVE THANKS!!

As you all know I'm Canadian, and proud! That said it's our Thanksgiving this weekend, and it's been very busy at my house!! We made our turkey dinner early, on Saturday night, so (almost) all of my family could be here. (My Mom & her DH will be here next week.) My Dad and his lovely wife were heading out of town for a holiday on Sunday morning and I really wanted them here, so we did some rearranging to make it all happen. My sister was totally in on the surprise with me!!! YEAH!

My DH got the turkey dressed and on the go while I worked (what a great guy! ), but I came home to get everything set up, decorated and put the finishing touches on supper.
My sister and her family were wonderful! They brought over the potatoes and gravy, some veggies and a couple pies: pumpkin, and apple. My mother-in law also came over to join us and brought 2 homemade lemon  pies (YUM), and did so much cleaning up it was AWESOME!! What a collaboration!!
And I must say my Dad and Summer (Jing) were both surprised and honored to join us all!! The kids all played nicely and us grown ups had a good time visiting, and eating too much!! (you know how that goes) I think it was a success, and I'M SO THANKFUL FOR MY FAMILY!

All that said I've been in the Thanksgiving mood, both in my cooking, company and decorating!
I made a couple beauties I thought I would share!
I made a fab. wreath for my front door, costing me a whopping $3 to do!! EVEN BETTER!

Here it is:

I went to my local Dollarama store and found a great vine with the fall leaves and berries for $1.50.
I took the vine and twisted it around into a circle, then I took a bunch of different pine cones and acorns I had gathered in my local park and hot glued them on. (with about $0.50 worth of glue)
I also found this awesome bird,  at the Dollarama store for $1.00, and added him last!!


He's got a coppery glitter to him, Doesn't he look great!!! 

Now on a second trip to the Dollarama store, to get some fall napkins, I found a great matching pre-made mini-wreath for $2.00.
I saw it and instantly had an idea of how to use it to make a center piece for my table!


I took this large fish bowl/ vase I have, added in some decorative pumpkins I got at Superstore for $3.00.
I then added the mini wreath to the bottom, and voila! A center piece!
Total cost $5.00! And looks very fall-ish!
My family quite enjoyed my festive decor, and I may even let my DS dissect one of those little pumpkins for Halloween!

Now, with my fall mood in full swing today I headed on over to my fav. scrapbook/ crafting site & blog!

Now she's having a great fall-ish contest, which I've decided to enter! (I'm not allowed to win because I'm on her design team, as you all know) I really wanted to spark some interest and give my readers an idea of what they could do to join in!! It's actually pretty simple:
There are only 2 requirements.  :)   Make a layout, card, altered project that uses the following items:

1.  Corrigated Cardboard Your entire project doesn’t need to be made of this material just you a piece of it.  I have seen some FANTASTIC artwork created using corrigated cardboard.  There are endless things you can do to it to encorporate it into your project.  Rip it, tear it, distress it, paint it, white wash it, ink it, cover it, die cut it, you name it!!!  LOL 

2.  Use the colors orange and red.  I happen to absolutely love the fall colors so I thought why not incorporate them into a challenge….it is also fitting considering the fall season is apon us.

These are the only two requirement.  Told ya it was easy peasy.  :D  
And when your done snap some photos and email them over to: 
 info@scrapnwithflair.com


Here's my entry:


I decided to use the guidelines to make a tag!

 I made the tag out of a piece of cardboard box, cut to shape, then inked it with Tim Holtz's Spiced marmalade, and Fired brick red. I added a large bow to the top made with orange satin ribbon, and glued on  2 large skeleton leaves I got from E bay. Next was the piece of orange card stock I had on hand, I inked the edges with brick red, then added a sticker quote and painted around it with Fired brick red distress crackle paint. Once that was dry, I added 2 stickers of unknown origin... I think possiably something someone gave me, they look pretty old, LOL.

What do you think?! Pretty simple way to win an awesome prize:
LOOK AT ALL THE GOODIES!

OH YEAH!!! SPEAKING OF PRIZES! I also finished  my 2 cards, the ones from my card give-away!
Here they are:


1st full card, the card apart with envelope.


2nd card, then card with envelope.

Both of these cards are my own handmade design, and are made from the Timeless Romance Kit. I did add in an extra flowered trim I had on hand (pictured on the 2nd card) from an unknown source.
These cards are much prettier in person; as it's very hard to photograph the shimmer effect in the Tattered Angels Glimmer mist!
I am heading out to the post office early tomorrow morning, after I take my son to school, to post them.
I can't wait for these ladies to receive them!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone,
and I hope you've enjoyed what I've been up to!


8 comments:

  1. wow that wreath really turned out nicely - I love it - the cards, candle and altered book are amazing, holy cow girlfriend, you've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh its a tag - I did read that, but it looks like a book in the photo - oops duh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eveything is Fantastic! And The Wreath is Simply Beautiful! Wow! Hugs,Tee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wreath.
    http://digipage-blog.everything-digital-scrapbooking.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with everything, the wreath is beautiful and looks really good on your red door! So, glad we got to have a great thanksgiving dinner with our family's together. HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! I had such a great weekend, and am looking forward to showing you what I've been making with my Nov. Scrap'n with Flair kit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your wreath, your entry and your cards! So much fun! Please keep showing us your swaps I enjoy it a lot. <3

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog