Sunday, October 2, 2011

1ST EVER BLOG ENTRY WINNER! ~ 2 scrapbooking pages

1ST EVER BLOG ENTRY WINNER! ~ 2 scrapbooking pages made with my October kit! 


I've done the random draw, we'll actually I decided I don't need a random draw! I'm not the type of person to pick between just two people so, I'm going to send cards out to both of the lovely ladies that bothered to enter my 1st ever give away!! YEAH!!
Just please send me an email ladies at: 4bebee@gmail.com with your address so I can mail them out to you by the end of the week.

That said maybe I'll show you something else! OK, for sure I will!
Using my design team October kit I made several layouts, 2 single pages, and a 2 page layout (2 matching pages). For the 1st page I used this stamp from my at home stash:



This journaling stamp comes from Scrappy Cat.


 For my 1st page I used everything from in my kit, except that stamp.

  As you can see in this close up, I ripped the 2 background papers (using a fancy edged ruler) and pieced them together to form a duo patterned paper. The top paper you may recognize from the inside of my witch card, which was inked using Tim Holtz Fire Brick Distress ink.



All the lovely embellishments/ ephemera were included in my kit! This was by far my favorite page to make, and the easiest; I just saw them knew exactly how I wanted them to look!

Adding the title at the bottom of the page is something new to me, I'm trying hard to expand myself in my scrapbooking, by adding titles when I can think of one, as well as hand written journaling. I read somewhere that it's like giving your children and readers a window into that moment in time and your personal thoughts about that moment, and this glittery one is sure a goodie! I did a play on the word FORTUNE and the tarot card embellishments, by making it more so about my kids and the feelings I as a Mom have for them.
They definitely make me feel FORTUNATE!

Now this is my second page!!
I had allot of fun making it, it was definitely harder to come up with this idea.
I wanted to show I can use just as much stuff on one page as some of my other scrappers out there, without the   theme overwhelming my photos.


 This adorable stamp was included in my kit! YEAH!

So I broke out my supplies,
And again I decided to try something with it that I've never done before.
I used my stamp with embossing ink, and then pored over 2 different colors of embossing powders, from Tim Holtz, peeled paint (green) and spiced marmalade.
I then heat set it with my heat gun, and rubbed it to release the distress crystals.

Lastly I inked the edges, and added some hand written journaling. 

I then framed my photos with some purple paper I had on hand, ripping the edges to add a different effect.

The lovely green rose ribbon was included in the kit, as well as all the other embellishments.


What a lovely wooden fence!


Last I added the other half of my clock used on a previous tag with one of my on hand brads, and a downloaded so sweet sticker I found via Google.


And that' was my sweet girls page! She quite enjoyed that first ever taste of candy, and I'm still enjoying how lovely this page has turned out!


Stay tuned for the 2 page layout I will try to post it tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Great Job! and she's so cute enjoying her first sucker :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Pages! I love Scrap booking Pages to have to look back in time on! And As the children get older it will be there for them to treasure too! Hugs,Tee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so very much! I am so excited!

    Hope you have had a lovely week. I have been crazy busy and am really looking forward to the weekend. I hope you have a great weekend with your sweet family.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    PS I'm just wondering if anyone else has a problem when your blog loads in that it goes straight to the bottom of your page and not to the top/header? I'm not sure if this happens to you but it happens to me every time I visit you. Just thought I should let you know.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog