Wednesday, September 28, 2011

sCRAP'N WITH fLAIR DT~ HALLOWEEN KIT 2ND Project~ with more 2 come

Once again delays, delays! Instead of apologizing again I'm just going to show off the lovely tags I made with my Scrap'n with Flair Halloween Kit! There are only 2 kits left so get them if you can!

My 1st tag was discovered in my kit and then pre-loved by Ana, as you saw at the beginning of my last post, so I decided to try something different with it. For those who know me, you should know I don't own any cutting or embossing machines, so I FAKED IT!! Well, I think I better then faked it with this beauty!


I took and hand bent the pattern of a spider's web into the tag, starting with the long lines going from one corner to the other end of the tag. 
I then added the in between bends to connect them together, they were a bit trickier to do. 

 Next I took my Tim Holtz ink in Spiced Marmalade, and inked over the whole tag, making sure to go over my creased web design.

Then I took this lovely clock die-cut I received with my kit, and cut it to fit. Then added the clock arms, (not pictured) attaching them with a lovely pearl brad that was also included in the kit!


Then as you can see I embellished it a little farther adding a long piece of ribbon tooling ( also included in the kit ), creating a bow at the top and allowing it to flow over the rest of my tag sort of like a veil.

I think this is my favorite tag EVER!!

Ok, now on to my recycled item tag! 



I started by adding a tiny bit of adhesive to the back of my house so it would temp. hold onto my tag, just enough so it wouldn't wiggle while I inked.

Then using a variety of inks I started inking!!! And then inking, and then inking some more, and here's what happened!



 Then I pulled of the house, and inked it too (Tim Holtz Walnut Stain), so it would be more 1 color.




Then I took my recycled item, an empty candy wrapper, and had some fun!


 Crinkle, crinkle!

 Unfold!

 Traced a circle shape with a sharp pen, ripped it out!

 Removed the back paper layer.

 And glued my candy wrapper moon and the house back onto the tag!

I then added a few embellishments found in the kit, a sign and a leaf.
And this is what I turned out like:

Oh what a hauntingly good time I had making these lovely tags!!!
Can't wait to show you the rest!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! :]
    Thought I'd take a peek at your blog, very nice!
    You have a lot of creativity going on here.
    We are swap partners for the "HALLOWEEN MYSTERY ENVELOPE" hosted by Tee.
    Was looking for an email to contact you at, on your blog?
    Anyways... love to here from you. :]
    Hop on over to my blog, you will find my email and see what type of artist I am.
    Happy Thursday <3

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog